|This is an archived page from the website of the 2013 First Global Conference on Research Integration and Implementation.|
|Please note that this is a copy of a page from the original conference website which was hosted elsewhere; some links (eg to the conference venue) have been removed and some of the material within the page refers to functionality that is no longer available (eg references to material in the right-hand column).|
|A full site map of the archived website shows all the pages and elements that were on the original conference website.|
Are you tackling complex real-world problems? Interested in learning about and sharing the best methodologies in:
- We want to overcome the fragmented nature of these communities by bringing together everyone whose research interests include:
- understanding problems as systems
- combining knowledge from various disciplines and practice areas
- dealing with unknowns to reduce risk, unpleasant surprises and adverse unintended consequences
- helping research teams collaborate more effectively
- implementing evidence in improved policy and practice.
Do you have a case study that demonstrates these methods in action? Have you developed new methods or useful explanatory concepts? Have you built a successful education program? Do you have evidence about overcoming institutional barriers? If so, join us!
This conference is different from the norm and we think we can explain what we are trying to achieve most effectively in the short (3.5 minute) video on the conference aims and background in the right hand column.
We are not just different in what we are trying to do, but also in how we are organising the conference. For example, there are three options for participating and all presentations – invited and submitted – will be online to give the conference the widest possible reach. We have a lot planned and the links below will fill you in on what’s available.
Showcase your work and see what’s happening around the world: More than 200 digital posters have been submitted and most of them are now available for viewing and comment. You can still submit your past achievements and current work using digital posters. We will not be able to review these submissions before the conference, but we will include those accepted in the data commons that the conference will produce.
- Hear from leading experts:
- Expand your networks – Connect with like-minded peers now through:
- interaction with digital poster authors as you read their work
- a LinkedIn group on research integration and implementation
- Follow us on Twitter @i2sConference https://twitter.com/i2sconference and we are using the hashtag: #i2sconference.
- Expand your networks during the conference through:
Help shape the future:
The time is ripe for us to identify common ground, establish synergies and join forces. This will give us a more powerful voice in our organisations and beyond. There is strength in numbers and in combining our ideas and methodologies.
Get involved: You can be part of the First Global Conference on Research Integration and Implementation in Canberra, online or at a co-conference. Click on any one of these options below to find out more.