|This is an archived page from the website of the 2013 First Global Conference on Research Integration and Implementation.|
|Please note that this is a copy of a page from the original conference website which was hosted elsewhere; some links (eg to the conference venue) have been removed and some of the material within the page refers to functionality that is no longer available (eg references to material in the right-hand column).|
|A full site map of the archived website shows all the pages and elements that were on the original conference website.|
The onsite conference will be held on The Australian National University campus. Registration and the sessions on Monday September 9, Tuesday September 10 and Wednesday September 11 will all be held in the Manning Clark Centre. The “monster networking event” on Sunday September 8 (4-8pm), will be in the Great Hall at University House, where you can also register. More information about these two venues is provided below and you can find them on maps of the ANU campus.
We also provide information on finding the conference venues from your accommodation and the facilities and services (including food outlets) available at The ANU Union Court.
The Great Hall at University House at The Australian National University
|The Great Hall: The picture to the left depicts the inside of the Great Hall at University House on the ANU campus. University House can be found at the corner of Liversidge Street and Balmain Crescent (with the main entry off Balmain Cr) on the ANU campus and the Great Hall is signposted within the building.|
The Manning Clark Centre at The Australian National University
The main onsite conference venue is the Manning Clark Centre on The Australian National University campus. The Centre is located adjacent to the University Union at Union Court, which is the main social hub for the university. Union Court has a collection of food outlets and other services and facilities. The Manning Clark Centre has 6 lecture theatres (we will mainly be using lecture theatre #1) and a large foyer. In addition we have booked several nearby tutorial rooms, which can be used for workshops and networking activities.
Finding the Manning Clark Centre
|The entry to the ANU Manning Clark Centre: The picture to the left depicts the front entrance to the Manning Clarke Centre. To find this entry when at ANU Union Court, simply walk up the ramp at the Canberra City end of Union Court. At the top of the ramp, and just past Degree Cafe, you will be facing this entry.|
|Inside a theatre at the ANU Manning Clark Centre: The picture to the left depicts one of the six theatres within the Manning Clarke Centre.|
See below for a printable map as well as Google map directions.
A map is available that shows the conference accomodation venues (337KB PDF) from the conference accommodation webpage, along with the most direct route to the two conference venues:
- Manning Clarke Centre (events on Monday-Wednesday)
- Great Hall at University House (Sunday networking event 4-8pm).
Google map directions
Each of the following links will take you to a specified Google Map location. From the Google Map, you can use the ‘directions’ option to show you how to get from your current location to your chosen destination.
- Manning Clark Centre, Union Court, The Australian National University, Acton. To find the Manning Clark Centre from Union Court, simply walk up the ramp at the Canberra City end of Union Court. At the top of the ramp, and just past Degree Cafe, you will be facing the main entry to the Manning Clark Centre (and the building name is prominently displayed above the entry)
- The Great Hall, University House, The Australian National University, Acton The main entrance to University House is off Balmain Crescent on the corner with Liversidge Street.
- Novotel Canberra, 65 Northbourne Ave, Canberra City
- Quest Canberra Serviced Apartments, Melbourne Building, 28 West Row, Canberra City
- Adina Apartment Hotel, 74 Northbourne Ave, Canberra City
- Rydges Lakeside Canberra, 1 London Circuit, Canberra City
- Canberra Rex Hotel, 150 Northbourne Ave, Canberra City
The Manning Clark Centre is adjacent to the University Union Building at Union Court, which is the central hub of The Australian National University and offers a number of facilities and services.
- Commonwealth Bank branch with two ATMs
- ANZ Bank ATM
- NAB ATM
- Rediteller ATM
Other Facilities include
- Post Office (inside the ANU Union Shop, which contains a newsagency and mini-mart)
- Optometrist and dentist
- Computer shop (7 Star Tech Shop)
- Mobile phone shop (3 Mobile)
- Travel agent (STA Travel)
- Bookshop (Co-op bookshop)
Inside the ANU Union:
- Asian Bistro: (eat-in and takeaway)
- ANU Bar: (takeaway)
- Campus Bakery: (takeaway)
- Cucina De Pasta: takeaway pizza and past
- Degree café: sandwich bar, hot and cold mains (eat-in and takeaway)
- Lebanese Bar: (takeaway)
- Pajenka’s: (eat-in and takeaway)
- Plowman’s: (takeaway)
- Rosie’s Chicken: (takeaway)
- Subway: sandwiches
Close by (in and around Union Court):
- Gods Café and Bar: modern Australian cuisine (eat-in and takeaway)
- Purple Pickle: café (eat-in and takeaway)
- Sizzle Café: Japanese (eat-in and takeaway)
- Teatro Vivaldi: restaurant
- Zambrero’s: Mexican (eat-in and takeaway)