The World Organisation of Systems and Cybernetics (WOSC) “is an association of individuals and organisations promoting systems thinking and cybernetics worldwide.”
The aims of the organisation are:
- “To promote and foster global and local collaboration of parties interested in systems and cybernetics, aiming at the inclusion of representatives from all parts of the world
- To co-operate with other organisations in matters related to systems thinking and cybernetics
- To organise triennial congresses in different parts of the world
- To make apparent the effectiveness of methods of systems and cybernetics in all areas of social systems and management, modern technology and the sciences in general
- To promote educational programs devoted to the distribution of knowledge and information of systems and cybernetics.”
The World Organisation of Systems and Cybernetics is a membership based organisation, and “through the Norbert Wiener Institute WOSC supports the publication by its members of reports, projects, papers and communications in general. These activities are enabled by WOSC’s official journal, its website and other networking tools. The Institute also supports activities at WOSC’s congresses and other suitable educational and research and development meetings”.
The organisation was launched in 1969.
Conference: hosts a triennial conference, globally located and open as to the time of year
Posted: March 2018
Last modified: March 2018