i2Insights aims to help build a truly global community of researchers tackling complex societal and environmental problems, so we are delighted that there is a steadily growing number of contributions from countries in sub-Saharan Africa. There was one contribution in each of 2017, 2018 and 2020, with two contributions in each of 2021 and 2022, and three contributions in 2023, with another to be published soon.
There have been seven lead authors from Benin, Ethiopia, Nigeria and South Africa. Co-authors have numbered 28 from Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal and South Africa.
Topics covered are:
- Decision making
- Using the concept of risk for transdisciplinary assessment by Greg Schreiner
- Decolonisation of research:
- Understanding the links between coloniality, forced displacement and knowledge production by Alemu Tesfaye and Truphena Mukuna
- Setting an agenda for transdisciplinary research in Africa by Basirat Oyalowo
- A collaborative vision and pathways for transforming academia by The Care Operative and “Transforming Academia” workshop participants at 2021 International Transdisciplinarity Conference
- Effectively leading interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary research organisations by Global Leaders of Interdisciplinary and Transdisciplinary Research Organisations
- Research implementation:
- Challenges to science-policy-society interactions in transdisciplinary research by Oghenekaro N. Odume, Akosua B. K. Amaka-Otchere, Blessing N. Onyima, Fati Aziz, Sandra B. Kushitor and Sokhna Thiam
- Six lessons for connecting evidence to policy and practice in the Global South by Fréjus Thoto
- Stakeholder engagement:
- Participatory scenario planning by Maike Hamann, Tanja Hichert and Nadia Sitas
- Two lessons for early involvement of stakeholders in research by Obasanjo Oyedele, Martin Atela and Ayo Ojebode
- How can social network analysis benefit transdisciplinary research? by Leonhard Späth, Rea Pärli and the RUNRES project team
More contributions are welcome!
Posted: November 2023
Last modified: November 2023