Welcome to the November/December i2S News, our last for 2020. It has not been the year any of us expected and we hope you have been able to navigate it successfully.
For us, it has been a big year for the i2Insights blog (https://i2insights.org). The blog celebrated its 5th birthday in November and in recent months there have been record numbers of views and viewers. In May, we gave the blog a new ‘look,’ particularly focused on the home page. In November, we added an advanced search function. We’ve been active all year in re-indexing every blog post and we are well over half-way.
Both the blog and the i2S website (http://i2s.anu.edu.au/) provide information about research integration and implementation resources, with i2S News providing a bi-monthly update of new resources added to each of them.
The blog welcomes contributions from the wide international community of researchers developing concepts and methods for systems thinking, inter- and trans- disciplinarity, action research, team science, co-creation, research implementation and much more.
In contrast, the resources on the i2S website are compiled by us. While there is a small amount of overlap between the resources on the blog and the website, the website tends to feature resources that are less amenable to being captured in a blog post.
Between them, the blog and website aim to keep the research community working on complex societal and environmental problems abreast of new tools, with the website also providing information about useful journals, professional associations and networks, and the latest conference news. Contributions and feedback are welcome.
Wishing you all the best for 2021.
i2S News features a range of resources which have been added to the i2S website in the last few months, and this includes:
- Featured Tools:
- Collaboration planning
- Featured Video:
- System dynamics: qualitative maps
- Latest i2Insights Blog Posts:
- There have been 6 new contributions since the last i2S News
- Featured Journal and Journal News:
- Knowledge Management for Development Journal
- Call for papers by Environment, Development and Sustainability journal for special issue on ‘Transformative Learning for Urban Sustainability: Futures of Transdisciplinary Educational Models, Structures and Tools’
- Featured Professional Association:
- Academy of Transdisciplinary Learning and Advanced Studies
- Featured Conferences:
- 12th Annual International Science of Team Science Conference
- 2021 International Transdisciplinarity Conference
You can subscribe to i2S News through the menu item in the left-hand side column.