Welcome to the May/June I2S News. Key developments include:
- A free online course on Ignorance! developed by Mike Smithson and Gabriele Bammer which goes live on June 23rd 2015. Register at: [LINK REMOVED AS OUT OF DATE]
- A post-doctoral opportunity at the US National Science Foundation-funded National Socio-Environmental Synthesis Center in Annapolis, Maryland, to work on “Team Science: Research on Practices in the Transdisciplinary Environmental Sciences”. For more information see: http://www.sesync.org/opportunities/postdoc-team-science. Applications close 14th August 2015.
- I2S now has a presence on Twitter, follow @GabrieleBammer and #I2Sresources
- All the materials and webpages from the 2013 First Global Conference on Research Integration and Implementation are now available at https://i2s.anu.edu.au/what-i2s/first-i2s-conference.
- [UPDATED NOVEMBER 2017 – see: https://i2s.anu.edu.au/archive/completed-projects/background-sesync-project] – a new portal for “Enhancing socio-environmental research and education: Building resources for action-oriented team science through syntheses of practices and theories”. This group of projects is funded by the US National Science Foundation-funded National Socio-Environmental Synthesis Center at the University of Maryland, with Gabriele Bammer as the theme leader. We’re building a global community around these projects and welcome your involvement.
I2S News features a range of resources which have been added to the I2S website in the last two months. There are three featured approaches:
- Interdisciplinary Research: Practical Guidance
- Interdisciplinary Research: Facilitating and Constraining Factors
- Interdisciplinary Research: Role of Funding Agencies
- Knowledge System Transformation to Support Research Integration and Implementation by Jill Jaeger
- Public Health Research and Practice
- European Journal of Operational Research: Special Issue on Community Operational Research
Featured professional associations
- Modelling and Simulation Society of Australia and New Zealand
- International Centre for Complex Project Management 6th Annual Conference
- Global Implementation Conference: Digital Posters
You can subscribe to I2S News through the menu item in the left-hand side column.