Welcome to a new look i2S News and the first for 2022!
We are changing the focus and frequency of i2S News. We are concentrating on the latest developments in Integration and Implementation Sciences (i2S) and aim to publish a News every three months.
The main aim of i2S is to provide theory and resources for improving research impact on complex real-world problems. Our target audience is researchers who tackle complex societal and environmental problems and who are interested in:
- Synthesizing knowledge from different disciplines and stakeholders,
- Understanding and managing diverse unknowns, and
- Supporting improved policy and practice responses to problems by government, business and civil society.
i2S therefore develops new tools, as well as compiling and sharing existing tools, in 11 main areas:
- understanding the processes involved in change
- improving communication
- understanding context
- effective decision making
- incorporating, harnessing and managing diversity
- integration of multiple and varied perspectives about any problem and insights into acting on it
- research implementation
- stakeholder engagement
- taking a systems perspective
- understanding and managing unknowns.
In highlighting what’s new, i2S News provides information and updates about three major repositories that we curate:
- the i2S website (http://i2s.anu.edu.au), which provides a range of information about Integration and Implementation Sciences, including a new FAQ (frequently asked questions) section (https://i2s.anu.edu.au/what-i2s/faq/)
- Integration and Implementation Insights (http://i2Insights.org), which is as a community blog, as well as a repository, for sharing concepts, methods and other research tools for understanding and acting on complex real-world problems
- the i2S YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/i2sTalks), which provides a range of videos about various aspects of i2S.
Other updates about i2S are also provided.
i2S News features a range of resources which have been added to the i2S website in the last few months, and this includes:
- i2S website:
- Changes underway
- FAQ: What are the major options for engaging stakeholders (i2S Stakeholder Engagement Options Framework)?
- FAQ: Where does i2S fit amongst transdisciplinarity, systems thinking, action research and similar research approaches?
- i2Insights blog and repository:
- New primer on understanding diversity
- 33 blog posts have been added to this repository so far in 2022
- i2S Talks YouTube channel:
- 15 videos have been added to the YouTube repository so far in 2022
- Other updates:
- New videos about i2S
You can subscribe to i2S News through the menu item in the left-hand side column.