The Design Exchange provides is a website "where designers and researchers share methods and best practices".
Method categories are:
- Build, including activity modelling, dark horse, storyboarding and various kinds of prototyping
- Analyze, including pictorial storytelling, social network analysis, context map and powers of ten
- Ideate, including dot voting, spectrum mapping, 6-3-5 brainwriting and participatory co-design
- Research, including Delphi survey, POSTA (Person, Objects, Situations, Time and Activity framework) and virtual ethnography
- Communicate, including bifocal display, video diaries, blogs and Twitter.
The website also features a range of case studies.
The Design Exchange is a product of the BEST Lab at the University of California, Berkeley.
Best Lab website: http://best.berkeley.edu/best-research/design-theory-methods/
Posted: August 2016
Last modified: August 2016