Reasonably good records were kept of courses run between 2007 and 2013 and these are presented here: under professional development courses, graduate student courses and master classes. Information about selected course alumni is also presented. We have not kept track of the various courses run subsequently.
Professional development courses
Professional development courses for established research leaders, as well as senior policy makers and practitioners:
- The Art and Science of Integration and Implementation
- Bridging the Research-Policy Divide
- Tailored courses through the Crawford School of Public Policy and on request. These include: Managing complexity in public policy: Tools for analysis and response and INTER- and TRANS-disciplinary research - a framework for integration and implementation
Courses for Higher Degree by Research (PhD or Masters by Research) Students provide an introduction to Integration and Implementation Sciences (I2S). An Introduction to Research Integration for Knowledge and Action: A Short Course for Graduate Students was run on 8-9 September 2008 (course description - 58KB PDF); (Evaluation Summary - 62KB PDF).
Tailored courses are also available. For example, a course entitled Methods of Knowledge Integration in Inter- and Trans-disciplinary Research was run at the Universität für Bodenkultur Wien (University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna) in June 2012. The course was run as part of the dokNE (Doctoral School Sustainable Development) and was also open to other students. The 16 alumni used insights from the course in undertaking their PhD projects. The course was run over six days, based on reading, lectures and group work and was evaluated highly by participants.
There are periodic master classes for graduate students on aspects of I2S by scholars visiting The Australian National University. Previous master classes:
- 7 May 2009 – Participatory Scenarios as a Tool for Planning Climate Change Adaptation (course description - 44KB PDF)
- 24 October 2007 - Integrating Knowledge for Health and Society (course description - 16KB PDF)
Information about our course alumni is listed by the course they were involved in, with links also provided to the courses: